What Kitchen Skills Will My Child Need?
In order for your child to be able to make this recipe they will need the skills listed below. Remember, adult supervision is always needed, especially when using knives and using kitchen appliances.
- How to safely use a knife (to slice the red peppers)
- How to measure ingredients
- How to safely operate the oven (to bake the feta and red peppers)
- How to handle hot ingredients (peeling the red peppers)
- How to safely operate the food processor (for blending the dip ingredients together)
What Kitchen Equipment Will I Need?
Here is a list of everything you will need to make this recipe:
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Baking Tray
- Bowl and Plate
- Food Processor
Ingredients for Greek Kopanisti Spicy Feta Dip
This feta cheese dip is luxurious! Depending on your taste, you can add more or less of each ingredient. If you do not like the taste of raw garlic you can place the garlic cloves on the baking sheet with the feta cheese and red peppers.
- Feta Cheese
- Red Peppers
- Paprika, Garlic Powder, Ground Cayenne Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Garlic
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Lemon Juice
How Do You Make Kopanisti?
Making Kopanisti couldn’t be easier. Follow these easy steps to make this creamy feta cheese dip:
- Place feta cheese in the center of a baking sheet.
- Cut the red reppers and place on the same baking sheet around the feta cheese.
- Season and rub the feta cheese with olive oil and spices – Paprika, Garlic Powder, Ground Cayenne Pepper.
- Rub the peppers in the remaining olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375F.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Place the baked feta cheese in the food processor and the red peppers in a bowl. Place a lid or plate on top of the bowl for 10 minutes.
- Peel the skins off of the red peppers and add them to the food processor with the feta cheese.
- Add the rest of your ingredients to the food processor: Olive Oil, Fresh Garlic, Red Pepper Flakes, and Lemon Juice. – Mix the ingredients together until combined.
Herb Infusion: Enhancing Kopanisti
Adding fresh herbs like oregano, basil, or thyme can elevate the dip’s flavor profile. These herbs bring a refreshing twist and can be blended for a more harmonious taste or used as garnish for visual appeal and a burst of freshness.
Exploring Cheese Varieties in Kopanisti
While traditional Kopanisti centers around feta cheese, experimenting with goat cheese or a blend of feta and cream cheese can introduce new textures and flavors. Each cheese variety brings its unique characteristics, making the dip customizable to different palates.
The Crunch Factor: Roasted Nuts Addition
Incorporating roasted pine nuts or chopped walnuts adds a delightful crunch and nuttiness. This addition not only enhances the texture but also complements the spicy and tangy flavors of the dip.
Adjusting the Heat: Spicy Kopanisti Variations
- Calories: 125 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Total Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 25 mg
- Sodium: 393 mg
- Potassium: 34 mg
- Dietary Fiber: 0.2 g
- Sugar: 0.02 g
- Vitamin A: 195 IU
- Vitamin C: 3 mg
- Calcium: 146 mg
- Iron: 0.3 mg
Wine and Meal Pairing with Kopanisti
Pair your Kopanisti with a crisp white wine or a light red to complement its bold flavors. For a complete meal, serve alongside Greek salad, souvlaki, spanakopita, or moussaka for an authentic Mediterranean experience.
Storing and Reusing Kopanisti
Store leftover Kopanisti in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Get creative with leftovers by using them as a topping for baked potatoes, in omelets, or as a dressing for roasted vegetables.